Saturday, March 20, 2010

Widgets

Appealing Daisies

I created this card for the All About Color II Swap on Stampin Connection. The rules were to use Going Grey, a neutral (Whisper White or Very Vanilla), and a color from the Soft Subtles color family. I chose to use Apricot Appeal. The card base is Apricot Appeal with a mat of Going Grey that was embossed with the Final Press embossing folder and then inked using the direct to paper technique with Going Grey. Some ¼” Apricot Appeal grosgrain ribbon and three silver brads finish off the mat.


Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Cardstock: Apricot Appeal, Going Grey, Whisper White
Ink: Going Grey, Apricot Appeal, Versamark
Accessories: Heat & Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Apricot Appeal ¼” grograin ribbon, silver brads, Final Press embossing folder

The main image panel is Whisper White cardstock that I stamped the daisies from Upsy Daisy in Versamark and embossed with Heat & Stick Powder and then Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Then I used my brayer to add Apricot Appeal around the daisies. The ink doesn’t stick to the glitter so this works similarly to the embossing resist technique. This was matted on a piece of Going Grey and another piece of Apricot Appeal which was popped up off the card with some scrap rubber. I can’t wait to see what wonderful creations I receive in the mail next week! I'll make sure to post some pictures of the cards I receive. Thanks for stopping by!