Saturday, September 5, 2009

Widgets

Swarovski pearl and crystal necklace

I made this set of jewelry for my mother as a thank you for helping me sew a dress for our very quickly upcoming cruise vacation. Yes... I of all people actually sewed a dress that is very close to being finished and actually turned out well. The necklace was made with light blue and light grey 8mm Swarovski crystal pearls that are each individually strung on an eye pin. They were then linked together in an alternating color pattern to form the two chains.
Here you can see the necklace with the matching earrings. For the pendant I used a Bermuda Blue teardrop that is a gorgeous dark blue green color. Below are close ups of the earrings and the pendant.
I am really pleased with ow this set turned out and made a similar one for myself that I will have to post later. Mom of course loved it because she picked out the pearl colors and the pendant to match the dress that she made (which look gorgeous) for the formal dinner night on our cruise. I will make sure to post a picture of both of us wearing our hand made dresses. What do you think?