Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Widgets

Accordion Ornament - December Make and Take 5

I knew for the 3D item for this Make and Take that I wanted to do an ornament. Then I saw this one createdby Debbie Henderson and thought it was perfect! Thanks for the wonderful instructions and idea Debbie.


Stamps: Northern Hearts
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
DSP: Jolly Holiday
Accessories: 2 3/8” Scalloped Circle punch, 1 3/4” Circle punch, Scallop Trim Border punch, Two-Step Bird Punch, Sticky Strip, Clear Tinsel Trim.

You can find really great step-by-step instructions on Debbie’s blog HERE.

To finish off my ornament I punched a scalloped circle from Cherry Cobbler cardstock with the 2 3/8” Scalloped Circle punch. Then I stamped a snowflake from Northern Hearts in Real Red ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and punched it out with the 1 3/4” Circle punch. This was adhered to the Cherry Cobbler scalloped circle.


Then I punched a bird from Very Vanilla cardstock with the Two-Step Bird Punch, ran it through the Big Shot in the Petals A Plenty Textured Impressions die. Then I used an Old Olive ink pad directly on the paper to ink the raised portions of the texture. A branch was punched from a scrap of Old Olive and Always Artichoke with the bird punch. The branches and bird were adhered to the ornament. That’s it!