Sunday, May 6, 2012

Widgets

Wonderful You

Today I have the final card from the Easter Card Class to share with you! I definitely wanted to use Fresh Vintage again one more time before it officially retired!  


  • Stamps: Fresh Vintage, Loving Thoughts
  • Card Stock: Island Indigo, Whisper White, Real Red
  • DSP: Twitterpated
  • Ink: Poppy Parade, Island Indigo, Real Red
  • Accessories: Paper Snips, Everyday Enchantment brads, Boho Blossoms punch, Blossom punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge, Bone Folder, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack


To start off on this card I cut a piece of Island Indigo card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4" x 5-1/4" and adhered it onto the card front.  I cut another piece of Whisper White card stock 2-3/4" x 4" and stamped the image from Fresh Vintage several times in Island Indigo ink to create my own DSP. I adhered this panel onto a 3" x 4-1/4" piece of Island Indigo card stock and adhered the panel onto the card front. 

Now for the flower...I used the Blossom punch and Boho Blossom punch on Twitterpated DSP and sponged the edges of both flowers with Poppy Parade ink. I used the Scallop Circle punch on a scrap of Real Red card stock and then used Paper Snips to cut between each scallop not quite all the way to the center of the circle. I used a Bone Folder to add some curl to the petals on the large DSP flower and the Real Red flower. Then I stacked all of the flowers up together and pierced a hole in the center with my Paper Piercer and mat Pack and inserted an Everyday Enchantment brad into the center. The flower was adhered onto the card front with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals. 


For the greeting I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3/4" x 4" and stamped the greeting from Loving Thoughts in Real Red ink. Then I adhered this piece onto a 1" x 4" piece of Island Indigo card stock and used Paper Snips to cut the dove-tail shape in either end. The greeting layer was adhered onto the card front with more Stampin' Dimensionals.

I really love how the red pops off the blue and white in this card! This card was inspired by a card created by Connie Collins that you can find HERE!

Thanks for stopping by!