Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Widgets

Pink Easter Bunny

This was a card I created for a sketch challenge a while ago. I've gotten so behind on posting that it's ridiculous! So I'm going to try really hard to have at least one post per day (not counting posts for Craft Project Central) if not more until I get caught up. 


  • Stamps: Everybunny, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
  • DSP: Melon Mambo
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Pool Party, Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (four petal flower), Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Paper Snips


This card was created for the SCCSC113 Sketch Challenge on Stampin' Connection. This sketch was created by Susie Nelson: 


I started off this card by cutting a 4-1/4" x 8-1/2" card base from Pretty in Pink card stock and scored it at 4-1/4". Then I cut a piece of Pink Pirouette card stock 3-5/8" x 3-5/8". I cut strips of Melon Mambo DSP 1/2" x 3-5/8" and 1" x 3-5/8" and adhered them onto the Pink Pirouette card stock. Next I adhered this layer onto a 3-3/4" x 3-3/4" piece of Whisper White card stock. This panel was adhered to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

The adorable little bunny from Everybunny was stamped onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Stazon ink. I used my Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, and Lucky Limeade ink pads and a blender pen to color in the bunny. To do this hold the ink pad with it closed and squeeze the middle of the pad, then open the pad half-way. There will be ink on the lid. Use the Blender Pen to pick up just a little bit of ink from the lid and color in your image! Super easy! 

After I was happy with my colored in bunny I punched out the shape with the 2-1/2" Circle punch. I didn't really like the look of just the white circle on top of the pink layer so I used the 2-1/2" Circle punch with a scrap of Melon Mambo card stock. I used Paper Snips to cut the circle in half and adhered the halves behind the Whisper White circle to create a mat. This layer was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. The greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes was stamped in the bottom right corner of the card in Melon Mambo ink. 


Now even after all that I thought it looked a little plain. So I added flowers...lots of flowers. I used the four petal flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack to punch six flowers from Pink Pirouette card stock and adhered the flowers around the circle and one by the greeting. I added a dot of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details into the center of each flower and five more dots in the upper left hand corner of the card. 

Thanks for stopping by!