Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Widgets

Mixed Bunch Favor Box

Good morning everyone! I just want to share with you one more project that my friend and downline Donna and I made a while ago. I wanted to show her one of the easy dies that Stampin' Up sells for the Big Shot. So a Fancy Favor box was in order. Here it is:


  • Stamps: Hello Doily, Mixed Bunch
  • Card Stock: Island Indigo, Whisper White
  • Ink: Versamark, Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Blossom Punch, Everyday Enchantment Brads, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Premium Crease Pad, Fancy Favor Die, Sticky Strip


I started off by cutting  a piece of Island Indigo card stock 6" x 11". 

Note:  11" does not cover the entire die cut image. When you place your card stock onto the die make sure that the edge is really close to the blade on the end of the die that does NOT have the tab. This will make your tab a little bit shorter, but you can make it with 8-1/2" x 11" card stock! 

I ran my Island Indigo card stock through my Big Shot on the Fancy Favor die with the Premium Crease Pad. Next I stamped the doily image from Hello Doily in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with White embossing powder, tapped off the excess powder, and heated it with the Heat Tool. Then I used Sticky Strip on the side tab and one of the bottom tabs and formed the box.


Now for the flower! I stamped the image from Mixed Bunch onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Lucky Limeade ink. Then I punched out the flower with the coordinating Blossom Punch. I used the Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to pierce a hole in the center of the flower and added an Everyday Enchantment brad. The flower was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Another fun and fast project done! I really love the doily image embossed on the front of this box! Have you been doing anything fun with the Fancy Favor Die recently?

Thanks for stopping by!