Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Widgets

To My Friend

Good afternoon everyone! I have another project to share with you! This card was created for the SCCSC120 sketch challenge on Stampin' Connection. You also get a little bit of a sneak peak at some of the new goodies from the new catalog that you will get to see on June 1st! 


  • Stamps: Mixed Bunch, Friendly Phrases, Papaya Collage
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Gumball Green
  • Ink: Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Clear Oval Accents Die, Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain ribbon, Blossom Punch, Rhinestones, Stampin' Sponge, Mini Glue Dots


Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly: 


I started off with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". Then I cut a piece of Gumball Green card stock 4" x 5-1/4". I stamped the leaves image from Papaya Collage in Gumball Green ink several times on the left side of the card stock. Then I wrapped a piece of Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain ribbon around the card stock and tied it into a bow.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4-1/2" x 5-1/2" and ran it through the Big Shot on the Clear Oval Accents die. I used a Stampin' Sponge with Summer Starfruit ink to sponge around the edges of the beautiful oval. I stamped the greeting from Friendly Phrases in Midnight Muse ink on the left side of the oval. Then I adhered the oval onto the Gumball Green layer and used Paper Snips to trim the oval even with the edge of the Gumball Green card stock. I adhered this panel onto the card front.


Now for the beautiful butterfly. I used the detailed flower image from Mixed Bunch and inked up the stamp first with Summer Starfruit. Then I used the Rock-N-Roll technique with some Gumball Green ink before stamping the flower onto a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock. I punched out the flower with the Blossom punch then used Paper Snips to cut out two of the petals to make it look like a butterfly.

I adhered the butterfly onto the card front with a Mini Glue Dot and then added some Rhinestones to create the butterfly's body and add a bit of sparkle.

I really love how this card, and the butterfly, turned out! What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!