Thursday, May 24, 2012

Widgets

Simple Cupcake

Today I'm going to share with you the second card that Donna and I made with supplies from the Stampin' Start kit. This one features the adorable Create a Cupcake stamp set and Cupcake punch! 


  • Stamps: Create a Cupcake
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Early Espresso
  • DSP: Neautrals
  • Ink: Marina Mist
  • Accessories Real Red Glimmer Paper, 1/4" Marina Mist Grosgrain Ribbon, craft knife


To get this card started I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". Then I cut a piece of Neutrals DSP 3" x 3" and adhered it onto the top section of the card front. 

 I cut another piece of Whisper White card stock 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" and stamped the bottom of the cupcake in Marina Mist right in the center. This was adhered onto a 2" x 2" piece of Early Espresso card stock. This panel was adhered in the center of the Neutrals DSP. 


Then I punched the cupcake top from Neutrals DSP with the Cupcake Punch. The cupcake top was adhered onto the card front with a Stampin' Dimensional. Now the Red Glimmer Paper was not in the Starter Kit, but I had a scrap of it on my work table so we punched a cherry and added it to the top of the cupcake. Cupcakes are just so much cuter with a cherry on top! 

The greeting was stamped onto the bottom portion of the card front in Marina Mist ink. Then I took a craft knife and cut a slit in the fold of the card right where I wanted my ribbon to go. I then threaded my ribbon through the slit, wrapped it around the card front, and tied it into a knot.  


Another super simple and easy (and cute) card finished! I don't know which card Donna liked the most, but I do know that she had a great time putting them together!

Thanks for stopping by!