Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Widgets

For Baby

Are you ready for a fun baby card? Good! Because that is what I have to share with you today! Take a look: 


  • Stamps: Easy Events, Distressed Dots, Curly Cute
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Pacific Point
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade Pacific Point, Black Stazon, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo
  • Accessories: Labels Framelits, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen


For this cute baby card I started out with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I stamped the Distressed Dots background stamp onto the card front with Lucky Limeade ink. Then I stamped the greeting from Curly Cute along the side of the card front in Pacific Point ink. 

I cut a piece of Bashful Blue card stock 2" x 5" and use Paper Snips to cut a dove-tail in one end. Then I adhere the Bashful Blue card stock onto the middle of the card front. After that I grabbed a scrap of Whisper White and Pacific Point and ran both through the Big Shot with my Labels Framelits dies. 

I stamped the image from Easy Events onto the Whisper White label in Black Stazon ink. Then I colored in the image using Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, and Island Indigo inks with a Blender Pen. To do this squeeze the middle of the pad while the ink pad is closed. Then open up the ink pad half-way and there will be ink on the lid. Use the Blender Pen to pick up just a little bit of ink and start coloring! It's really easy to get a soft blended look this way. It almost looks like watercolor. 

After my image was all colored I adhered it onto the Pacific Point label and adhered the label onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I just love the bright polka dots in the background! What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!