Sunday, May 13, 2012

Widgets

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all you Mothers out there are having a fabulous Mother's Day! At the May Make and Take we made a Mother's Day card and this is it! This one will be going to my mother-in-law. My mom, sister, and aunt all come to my Make and Takes regularly, which is great, but it means that I can't use a Make and Take card for any birthdays or holidays because there is a very high chance that the person will receive two of the same card! But that's also another excuse for me to get to play in my craft room regularly so I won't complain. I have a special project for my mom that I just know she will love! Anyway... here is the card that we made:


  • Stamps: French Filigree, Precious Butterflies, Messages for Mom
  • Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzaz, Whisper White
  • Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Concord  Crush
  • Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Pear Pizzaz Marker
One other special thing about the May Make and Take is that every single stamp set that I used on the projects we made are all retiring on May 30th. On this card we are saying Goodbye to Concord Crush, Precious Butterflies, Messages for Mom, Pear Pizzaz, and French Filigree.

Okay, on to the card instructions. I started with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock that was scored at 4-1/4". I stamped the card front with French Filigree in Wisteria Wonder ink. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-1/4" x 4-1/4". I stamped the French Filigree background stamp onto the Whisper White card stock in Concord Crush ink. Then I tore along the two long edges and sponged all the way around with more Concord Crush ink. I adhered this piece onto a 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" piece of Concord Crush card stock and then tore along the long edges of the Concord Crush card stock to create a mat. This panel was adhered onto the card front.

I find that it's easier to get a good looking mat when your doing a torn edge if you adhere the top layer down before you tear the top edge so you know how far to tear down without having to guess.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-1/2" x 3". I stamped the flower image from Precious Butterflies by using the Rock-N-Roll technique with Wisteria Wonder and Concord Crush. Then I drew on the stems with the large end of the Pear Pizzaz marker. Then the greeting from Messages for Mom was stamped onto the bottom of the card stock in Concord Crush ink.


I adhered the stamped Whisper White card stock onto a 2-3/8" x 3-1/8" piece of Pear Pizzaz card stock. This panel was then adhered onto a 3-3/8" x 3-7/8" piece of Concord Crush card stock. Then finally the panel was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

When I got finished with this card I was truly surprised at the few supplies that were required. I love how it turned out too! What do you think? Did you make any special projects for Mother's Day?

These are all the wonderful things used on this card that will no longer be available after May 30th. So if you see one of these that you love make sure you click on my Shop Online button on the right sidebar and order it now before it's gone forever!

French Filigree:

Messages for Mom: 

Precious Butterflies: 
Concord Crush and Pear Pizzaz: 



Thanks for stopping by!