Saturday, May 12, 2012

Widgets

Hello

I was playing around in my craft room recently and came up with this card. It features the stamp set My Friend. 



  • Stamps: My Friend
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Basic Black, Whisper White, Island Indigo
  • Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Versamark
  • Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Silver Brads, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Decorative Label Punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge


For this card I started off with a piece of Pool Party card stock cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3" x 4". I sponged the bottom right hand corner of the card stock with Pool Party ink. Then I stamped the leaves in Island Indigo ink. Then I stamped the "hello" in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with Black embossing powder, tapped off the excess powder, and heated it with the heat tool.


This panel was adhered onto a 3-1/8" x 4-1/8" piece of Basic Black card stock. I used my Decorative Label punch on a scrap of Island Indigo card stock and adhered the label behind the left side of the stamped panel so that only a portion of the label shows.

Then I used the Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to pierce three holes in the upper right hand corner of the stamped panel and added a Silver Brad in each hole. I adhered this panel onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

This is a really fun stamp set that I actually haven't used a whole lot. Since it was one of the ones that did not get retired I will have to try to use it more often!

Thanks for stopping by!