Monday, May 14, 2012

Widgets

Falling Leaves

I know it's still a long time till fall, but I was having some fun with some of the stamp sets that carried over into the new 2012-2013 Stampin' Up catalog and this is one card that I made. This uses the stamp set French Foliage, which I love using for fall cards! 


  • Stamps: French Foliage, Woodgrain, Curly Cute
  • Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla
  • Ink: Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Versamark, Basic Gray, Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: So Saffron Marker, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Stampin' Dimensionals


I started off with a piece Lucky Limeade card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I stamped the Woodgrain background stamp onto the card front in Lucky Limeade ink to create a subtle pattern in the background.

Next I cut a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 2-3/4" x 2-3/4". I stamped the smallest leave image several times in Crumb Cake ink. Then I stamped the middle sized leaf image several times in Sahara Sand. After that I stamped the water spots a couple of times in Basic Gray ink. For the largest leaf I inked up the entire stamp with Cajun Craze ink and then touched just the edges of the stamp onto the Early Espresso ink pad and then stamped it onto the card stock.

I colored in the leaf with my So Saffron marker to make it stand out from the background leaves even more. This panel was adhered onto a 3" x 3" piece of Very Vanilla card stock and was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Next I stamped the greeting from Curly Cute onto the card front just under the image panel in Versamark ink. I covered the stamped image with Gold embossing powder, tapped off the excess powder, and heated it with the heat tool to get the beautiful shiny greeting on my card!

This card is simple, but I I still think it's very interesting with all the stamped layers. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!