Thursday, May 3, 2012

Widgets

Easter Doily

This is another card from the Easter Class back in March. This is also my favorite card from that class. Take a look: 


  • Stamps: Bordering on Romance, Delightful Dozen
  • Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Pear Pizzaz
  • DSP: Lucky Limeade
  • Ink: Versamark, Daffodil Delight
  • Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Doily Sizzlit, Decorative Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Versamarker, Pearls, Whisper White Organza ribbon, craft knife

For this card I started off with a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Lucky Limeade polka dot DSP 3-5/8" x 4-7/8" and adhered it onto a piece of Whisper White card stock that was cut at 3-3/4" x 5". I adhered this layer onto the card front. 

Next I used the Doily Sizzlit with some Whisper White card stock and my Big Shot to cut out that wonderfully delicate doily. I adhered this right onto the card front. Then I punched a circle from a scrap of Pear Pizzaz card stock with the 2-1/2" Circle punch. I stamped the flowers from Bordering on Romance in Versamark, covered the stamped image with White embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated it with the heat tool. 

Now for the really fun part. I took my Versamarker and colored around the embossed lines to add that darker shadow. This is called the Versamark Shadow technique and it really gives it an elegant look. 



I stamped the greeting from Delightful Dozen onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and punched it out with the Decorative Label punch. I punched another decorative label from Daffodil Delight card stock and adhered that behind the stamped white label. The greeting label was adhered onto the card front just below the center of the doily. Then the embossed Pear Pizzaz circle was adhered over the center of the doily with Stampin' Dimensionals. Three pearls were added to the flower centers.

Now to add the ribbon! I used a craft knife to cut a slit in the fold of the card right where I wanted my ribbon to go. Then I inserted the end of the ribbon through the slot, wrapped it around the card front, and tied it into a knot to finish it off.

I just love how delicate it looks with the doily and the shadow around the embossed flowers! I hope you give this fun technique a try! It really is easy.

Thanks for stopping by!