Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Widgets

Thinking of You Summer Smooches

Good morning all! Today I have another Make and Take card to share with you from April. Actually...it's the final card from the April Make and Take! 


  • Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Real Red
  • DSP: Summer Smooches
  • Ink: Real Red
  • Markers: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo
  • Accessories: flower from Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, XL Oval Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details, Two-Way Glue Pen, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon

This card has a more interesting fold. The card front does not cover the entire card inside. Instead it leaves part of it with the Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon showing. So cool huh? But super duper easy! I started off by cutting a piece of Sahara Sand card stock 4-1/4" x 9-3/4" and scored it at 4-1/4". This makes the card front a 4-1/4" square with a regular A2 sized card back.

To decorate the front I started out by cutting a piece of the Island Indigo Summer Smooches DSP 4" x 4" and adhered it onto the card front. Then I cut the other pattern of DSP 1" x 4" and adhered it onto the bottom portion of the card front. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4" x 5-1/4" and adhered it inside the card. 

For the flower panel I started out with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 1-3/4" x 3-1/4". I inked up the stamp with the vase with the Island Indigo marker and colored in the vase only and stamped it onto the Whisper White card stock. Then I used my Lucky Limeade and Real Red markers to color in the other flower image and stamped it at the top of the vase. I'm not super thrilled with the retro circles for flowers so I covered them up by punching four flowers with the four petal flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and adhered them on top of the circles with Two-Way Glue Pen. 

The flower panel was then adhered onto a 2" x 3-1/2" piece of Real Red card stock. This panel was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. Next I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock and punched it out with the XL Oval Punch. I adhered this onto the card front so that half of the oval was hidden underneath the flower panel. 


To finish it off I tied the Daffodil Delight Seam Binding ribbon around the right side of the card and tied it into a knot. Then I added some Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details into the flower centers just to add some sparkle!

This DSP stack has a bunch of bright and fun color combinations. I sometimes struggle with using these so I will definitely have to work more on using it up! Are there certain colors or color combinations that you really struggle to use?

Thanks for stopping by!