Monday, May 28, 2012

Widgets

Bottle Cap Magnets

Today I have some really cute bottle cap magnets to share with you! They are just so darn cute it's ridiculous! I found some pictures of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto online and used My Digital Studio to print them out on Whisper White card stock. Then I punched them out with my 1" Circle Punch and used a bit of Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive to glue them into the bottle caps. Then I covered the image in the bottle caps with Crystal Effects. After the Crystal Effects dried I used E6000 glue to adhere a magnet onto the back of the bottle cap.



So simple! However, I learned one thing. Inkjet printer ink will bleed when you apply too thick a coat of Crystal Effects. I think next time I make these I will coat the front and back of the card stock with Modge Podge before I punch them out. That should prevent the bleeding, or just take more time and add a thinner layer of Crystal Effects. I still think they're cute though!

Thanks for stopping by!