Friday, May 18, 2012

Widgets

Goodbye Medallion!

I really was surprised to the Medallion stamp on the retired list! I love, love, love this image! So I had to give it one last hurrah at the May Make and Take! In this card we are also saying goodbye to Thank You Kindly, Poppy Parade and the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch. Now on to the card!


  • Stamps: Medallion, Thank You Kindly
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade
  • DSP: Pool Party
  • Ink: Versamark, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade
  • Accessories: Fun Flowers Die, Embossing Buddy, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Brights Buttons, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge

To start this card I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3" x 4-1/4". I stamped the Medallion image in Versamark ink, covered the stamped image with White Embossing powder, tapped off the excess powder, and heated it with my Heat Tool. Then I sponged the entire piece of card stock with Daffodil Delight ink which really makes the white Medallion stand out. This will also work with clear embossing powder, but I was out of that so I used White instead.

I adhered the Medallion panel onto a 3-1/4" x 4-1/2" piece of Daffodil Delight card stock. Then this was adhered onto the card front. I stamped the greeting from Thank You Kindly in Poppy Parade ink in the lower right hand corner of the card front. Next I cut a piece of Pool Party DSP 1" x 4-1/4" and adhered it onto the card front.


Now all that's left is the flower! For that I cut a piece of Poppy Parade card stock 3" x 3" and a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" and ran both through the Big Shot on the Fun Flowers die. I used the middle and smallest flower on the die for this card. I used the Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch on a scrap of Whisper White card stock to punch out the most detailed flower. I adhered the flowers together and added it onto the card front with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals. Then just for another little splash of blue I adhered a Brights Button into the center of the flower with a Stampin' Dimensional.


I really love how Pool Party looks with Daffodil Delight. This is a color combo I will definitely have to use in the future! What do you think? Are you sad to see the Medallion going away?

This card was inspired by THIS card created by Margaret Moody.

These are all the wonderful things used on this card that will no longer be available after May 31st. So if you see one of these that you love make sure you click HERE and order it now before it's gone forever!

Medallion:

Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch:

Poppy Parade: 


Thank You Kindly:
Thanks for stopping by!