Monday, May 21, 2012

Widgets

Sparkly Birthday Owl

Good morning everyone! I hope you're all having a great weekend! This is a card that I made quite a while ago with my niece Gabrielle. She wanted to make a card and needed a birthday card for a friend of hers. So this is what we came up with! 



  • Stamps: Distressed Dots, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Poppy Parade, Bashful Blue
  • Ink: Night of Navy, Poppy Parade
  • Accessories: Owl Punch, Silver Glimmer Paper, Rhinestones, Modern Label Punch, Word Window Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (four petal flower), Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Stampin' Dimensionals, 5/8" Night of Navy Satin Ribbon


To start off this card I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". I stamped the Distressed Dots background in Night of Navy ink onto the card front. Then I cut a 2-7/8" x 4-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock and ran it through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I adhered the textured Whisper White card stock onto a 3" x 4-1/4" piece of Poppy Parade card stock.

I wrapped a piece of 5/8" Night of Navy ribbon around the panel then adhered this onto a 3-1/2" x 4-1/4" piece of Night of Navy card stock before adhering it onto the card front. I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Poppy Parade ink. Then I punched it out with the Word Window punch. I used the Modern Label punch on a scrap of Night of Navy card stock and adhered the two labels together.

I wanted to add a touch of Bashful Blue to this card so I punched out two four petal flowers with the punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and adhered them together. A rhinestone was added to the center for some sparkle and I adhered this flower next to the greeting. Then I adhered the greeting label onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.


To make the cute little owl I used the Owl punch with Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Basic Black, Night of Navy, and Silver Glimmer Paper scraps. I used a Two-Way Glue Pen to adhere the pieces of the owl together. There still wasn't enough sparkle on this card so I gave my sweet little owl a tiara with four Rhinestones and adhered her onto the card front with a Stampin' Dimensional.

It was so much fun getting to put this together with my niece. She told me later that her friend really liked the card too!

Thanks for stopping by!