Friday, May 11, 2012

Widgets

Summer Kites

Good morning! I have a sketch challenge card to share with you! This card uses the Send Me Soaring stamp set which is sadly retired. I really like this one because it is just so much fun to play with! 



  • Stamps: Send Me Soaring, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Real Red
  • DSP: Summer Smooches
  • Ink: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Basic Black
  • Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Everyday Enchantment Brads, Blender Pen, Paper Snips


This card was created with the SCCSC112 sketch on Stampin' Connection. The sketch was created by Liz Goldhawk.


I started off by cutting a piece of Sahara Sand card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scoring it at 4-1/4". Then I cut three pieces of Summer Smooches DSP 1-1/4" x 3-1/4" from three different patterns. I punched all four corners on each piece of DSP with the Corner Rounder Punch and adhered the DSP onto the card front.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1-5/8" x 3-5/8". I stamped the clouds in Pool Party ink all over the card stock. To add shadows to the clouds I closed the Pool Party ink pad, squeezed the middle of the pad, then opened the ink pad half-way. When you do this you should see that some of the ink has transferred onto the lid of the ink pad. I used a Blender Pen to pick up just a tiny bit of color and added it to the clouds to make the clouds look nice and puffy.

After the clouds were all colored in I stamped the kite tails in Basic Black ink. The stamped Whisper White card stock was adhered onto a 1-3/4" x 3-3/4" piece of Island Indigo card stock. This panel was adhered to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

On a scrap of Whisper White card stock I stamped one kite in Real Red ink and one in Lucky Limeade ink. I used Paper Snips to cut out the kites and adhered them onto the Whisper White card stock with Stampin' Dimensionals.


The greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes was stamped in onto a 1/2" x 2-1/2" piece of Real Red card stock in Basic Black ink. I used Paper Snips to cut a dove-tail. I used my Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to pierce a hole to the left of the greeting and added an Everyday Enchantment brad. I adhered the greeting strip onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

That's it! Other than the time coloring the clouds to add the shadows this card was pretty fast and easy to put together. I just love how happy and cheerful the card looks! What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!