Saturday, March 10, 2012

Widgets

Friendship is Precious

I've got another sketch challenge card to share with you! This one was created using the SCCSC106 sketch challenge on Stampin' Connection. Take a look: 


  • Stamps: Fresh Vintage, Precious butterflies
  • Card Stock: Calypso Coral, Whisper White
  • DSP: Everyday Enchantment (SAB)
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Corner Rounder Punch, Decorative Label Punch, XL Oval Punch, Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals

Here is the sketch that was created by Liz Goldhawk: 


For this card I started off with a Calypso Coral card base cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-7/8" x 5-1/8". I stamped the image from Fresh Vintage several times on the left side of the card stock in Lucky Limeade ink. I like how the various lengths of the stamped image add interest to the left side of the card. I sprayed this panel with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz before adhering it onto the card front. 

I cut some scraps of Everyday Enchantment DSP into 1/2" x 4-1/4" strips. On one end I used the Corner Rounder punch on both corners. This created a nice rounded end on each of the DSP strips. I adhered the DSP strips onto the card front making sure that the rounded ends were not all the way at the bottom of the card. Then I trimmed off the excess DSP that was sticking up past the fold of the card. 


Now for the greeting. I stamped the quote from Precious Butterflies in Lucky Limeade ink onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock. The greeting was then punched out with the XL Oval punch. I used the Decorative Label punch on a scrap of Lucky Limeade card stock. The punched oval was adhered onto the Lucky Limeade decorative label. Then I adhered the label onto the card front with Stampin' dimensionals. Then just to add some more sparkle I adhered five pearls onto the oval just above the greeting.


Calypso Coral is one of those colors that I kind of struggle to use. It's just a tad too bright and orange for my comfort zone. But sometimes it's nice to go outside of your comfort zone and try something new. I think this one turned out pretty well. What color do you find is difficult to work with? 

Thanks for stopping by!