Friday, March 16, 2012

Widgets

Pool Party Thanks

Good morning everyone! I recently had a chance to actually play in my craft room just to have fun, instead of working on something for a tutorial or a class. This is the result. If you can't tell I'm absolutely IN LOVE with Pool Party. As a matter of fact...I'm thinking of re-painting my craft room this color. The only thing stopping me is that I would have to take everything out of the room to re-paint. Anyway... on to the card. Take a look: 

  • Stamps: Hello Doily, Thank You Kindly, Mixed Bunch
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Whisper White
  • DSP: Sweet Shop
  • Accessories: Everyday Enchantment Brads (SAB), 5/8"Basic Black Satin ribbon, Paper Piercer, mat Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals. Blossom punch
I started off with, of course, Pool Party card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4" x 5-1/2". I stamped the doily from Hello Doily onto the Whisper White card stock in Pool Party ink and adhered the card stock onto the card front.

Then I cut a piece of Sweet Shop DSP 1-1/2" x 4" and stamped the greeting from Thank You Kindly on the right side in Basic Black ink. I adhered the DSP onto the bottom section of the stamped Whisper White panel. I wrapped a piece of 5/8" Basic Black Satin ribbon around the card front and tied it into a knot and trimmed the ribbon ends.


At that point the card was pretty, but it need something more. But what....then I saw my new Mixed Bunch stamp set on my work table just begging to be used. So I stamped the flower from Mixed Bunch onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Pool Party ink and punched out the flower with the coordinating Blossom punch. I pierced a hole in the center of the flower with my Paper Piercer and Mat pack and added a Lucky Limeade brad in the hole. The flower was adhered onto the card front with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals.


I'm loving this mostly monochromatic look with just a couple pops of another color. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!