Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Widgets

Tea Just for You!

Hello everyone! Today I am going to share with you the first card from the March Make and Take class. This card was inspired by a card created by Debra Currier. You can find her card HERE. I loved the layout of her card, but I wanted to work Pool Party into the mix. I just love that color! Anyway...take a look at the card:



  • Stamps: Tea Shoppe
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Calypso Coral
  • DSP: Everyday Enchantment
  • Ink: Pool Party, Calypso Coral
  • Accessories: Island Indigo Marker, Scallop Trim Border punch, Bitty Punch Pack (blossom), Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Paper Snips

I started out with a 5-1/2"x 8-1/2" piece of Pool Party card stock that was scored at 4-1/4" for the card base. The card front was run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.

I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3" x 4" and a piece of Island Indigo card stock 3-1/4" x 4-1/4". The "Just for You" was stamped in the lower right hand corner in Calypso Coral ink. Then I adhered the Whisper White card stock onto the Island Indigo card stock. Then I cut three strips of Everyday Enchantment DSP 1/2" x 3". I used Paper Snips to cut a dove-tail into the end of each DSP strip and adhered the three strips onto the left side of the Whisper White and Island Indigo panel.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1-1/4" x 4". I inked up the tea cups with Pool Party ink, then I colored in the center cup with my Island Indigo marker. Then I simply breathed on the stamp to re-moisten the ink and stamped the image onto the card stock.

Tip: As long as you are going from light to dark when you're coloring you will not affect the color on your markers. In this case I was coloring over Pool Party ink with Island Indigo. Since the color I added second is darker I don't have to worry about messing up my markers. If you tried to color Pool Party over Island Indigo all you would accomplish is ruining your Pool Party marker.

The next step is to cut a 1-3/4" x 4"piece of Island Indigo card stock and punch both long sides of the card stock with the Scallop Trim border punch. Then I adhered the stamped tea cups onto the punched card stock.


The tea cup strip was adhered onto the top section of the larger Whisper White and Island Indigo panel and then the panel was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Just to finish it off I used the four petal flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack on a scrap of Calypso Coral card stock. The petals of the flower were folded up to give the flower some shape, then I adhered the flower onto the top of the middle tea cup. A single small rhinestone was added into the center of  the flower just to give the card a little bit of sparkle.

This is another almost monochromatic card! I just love the little pops of Calypso Coral mixed in with the Pool Party and Island Indigo! What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!