Friday, March 9, 2012

Widgets

Thanks

Here is another card I created for a sketch challenge on Stampin' Connection. I wanted to play with my new Bordering on Romance stamp set so this is what I came up with! Take a look: 



  • Stamps: Bordering on Romance, Distressed Dots, Thank You Kindly
  • Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla, Pool Party
  • DSP: Everyday Enchantment (SAB)
  • Ink: Lucky Limeade, Basic Black, Black Stazon
  • Markers: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Blender Pen, Calypso Coral
  • Accessories: Labels Framelits, 1-1/4" Basic Black Striped Grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rhinestones

Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly:



For this card I started off with a Lucky Limeade card base cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I used my all time favorite background stamp Distressed Dots with Lucky Limeade ink to add the polka dot background on the card front. Next I cut a piece of Everyday Enchantment DSP 2" x 4-1/4". I adhered the DSP onto a piece of Very Vanilla card stock that was cut at 2-1/8" x 4-1/4". You can't tell that I absolutely LOVE this DSP can you?

Then I cut a piece of 1-1/4" wide Basic Black Striped Grosgrain ribbon about 4" long. I cut a dove-tail on one end and adhered the ribbon onto the card front with SNAIL adhesive. I stamped the greeting from Thank You Kindly in the bottom right hand corner of the card front in Basic Black ink.


Now for the labels! I cut a piece of Pool Party card stock 3-1/4" x 3-3/4" and a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 2-1/2" x 3". The Labels Framelits were used with the Big Shot to cut out the labels. I stamped the flowers from Bordering on Romance onto the Very Vanilla label in Black Stazon in. I colored in the flowers with Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Island Indigo, and Blender Pen markers.

I used the fine point end of the Pool Party marker to add some stitching lines around the Pool Party label. Then I adhered the stamped Very Vanilla label onto the Pool Party label. the labels layer was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added a single large rhinestone onto the flower label just to add a little bit of sparkle!

This was a relatively quick and easy card to create and I just love the color combo! What have you been doing with your framelits?

Thanks for stopping by!