Friday, March 30, 2012

Widgets

Butterfly Birthday Wishes

Good morning everyone! It's Friday! All the plants are growing and flowers are blooming! It makes me want to go out and clean up my flower beds. Well here is the third card from the March Make and Take, and a much cleaner way to play with flowers.


  • Stamps: Up in the Air (Hostess), Sincere Salutatious
  • Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Basic Black
  • DSP: Twitterpated
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Beautiful Wings Sizzlit, Stampin' Dimensionals, Baja Breeze Pleated ribbon, Dazzling Details, Baja Breeze and Lucky Limeade markers. 

For the card base I started out with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Pretty in Pink card stock and scored it at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Twitterpated DSP 3-3/4" x 3-3/4" and adhere it onto a piece of Early Espresso card stock that was 3-7/8" x 3-7/8". I wrapped a piece of Baja Breeze Pleated ribbon around the panel and adhere the panel onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2-1/4" x 2-3/4". I stamped the image from Up in the Air in Black Stazon ink. When I got this particular stamp set, I knew I would want to be able to change the greetings around with the images. So I used my Craft and Rubber Scissors to cut the greeting away from the stamp. This made my stamp set much more versatile in my opinion. So I stamped the"so sweet" in the lower right hand corner in Early Espresso ink. You can't really tell the difference in the photo, but it really is noticeable in person. 


I colored in the flowers with my Baja Breeze marker and the stems with my Lucky Limeade marker. This panel was adhered onto a 2-3/8" x 2-7/8" piece of Lucky Limeade card stock, then was adhered to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. To add just a little bit of sparkle I added some Dazzling Details onto the centers of the flowers. 

The "Birthday wishes" greeting from Sincere Salutations was stamped in the bottom right hand corner of the card front in Early Espresso ink. Then the card needed something else in the bottom left hand corner. So I added a butterfly! I used my Beautiful Wings sizzlit to cut out one large Baja Breeze butterfly and one small Basic Black butterfly. I adhered the butterflies together then adhered it onto the card front with Two-Way Glue Pen. To give the card a little more sparkle I added the butterfly body with Dazzling Details. 


My favorite part about this card is the stacked butterflies, and I just LOVE that DSP! Have you been creating anything fun with butterflies lately?

This card was inspired by Connie Babbert's Up in the Air card.
Thanks for stopping by!