Monday, March 5, 2012

Widgets

The sky's the limit!

Good morning everyone! I hope you had a fabulous weekend! Mine was fantastic! Today I want to share with you the final card from the February Make and Take. Take a look: 



  • Stamps: Up, Up, and Away
  • Card Stock: Basic Grey, Basic Black, Whisper White
  • DSP: Pocket full of Posies
  • Ink: Poppy Parade, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black
  • Accessories: 1/4" Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, Silver brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

This was another pretty quick and easy card to put together. I started off with a Basic Grey card base cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3-5/8" x 4-7/8". I cut a piece of Pocket full of Posies DSP 2" x 4-7/8". The DSP was adhered on top of the Whisper White card stock. I stamped one balloon in Tempting Turquoise and one in Poppy Parade. The birds, basket, and greeting were all stamped in Basic Black ink.

Once all the stamping was done I adhered the Whisper White card stock layer onto a 3-3/4" x 5" Basic Black card stock. Then I used my Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to pierce a hole in the two corners of the DSP. Silver brads were added in the pierced holes. Then a piece of 1/4" Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon was tied around the panel and into a knot. I adhered the finished panel onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Quick and easy! The hardest part was trying to get the basket stamp lined up with the bottom of the balloon. I could have pulled out my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, but oh well. I still think it looks cute!

Thanks for stopping by!