Thursday, March 8, 2012

Widgets

Delicate Butterfly

Here is another sketch challenge card I created a while ago. This was created for the SCCSC103 sketch challenge on Stampin' Connection. So many fun details to this card. Take a look: 


  • Stamps: Precious Butterflies
  • Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Whisper White
  • DSP: Everyday Enchantment (SAB)
  • Ink: Versamark, Pool Party
  • Accessories: White embossing powder, Heat Tool, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Everyday Enchantment Brads (SAB), Perfect Pennant Die, Beautiful Butterflies Die, Doily Sizzlit, Two Way Glue Pen, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Sponge, Rhinestones
Here is the sketch that was created by Liz Goldhawk:


I started off by cutting a piece of Very Vanilla card stock 4-1/4" x 11" and scored it at 5-1/2". I used three different patters of DSP from the Everyday Enchantment DSP that you can get FREE during Sale-A-Bration. The largest was cut at 2" x 4-1/4" and adhered onto the bottom portion of the card front. Next I cut two pieces of DSP 1/2" x 4-1/4" and two pieces of Silver Glimmer paper 1/4" x 4-1/4". I adhered the narrow strips of DSP and Glimer paper on either side of the wide DSP strip.

The last strip of DSP at the top was cut 1/4" x 2-1/2" and adhered at the top left corner of the card front. I used my Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to pierce a hole for the two Everyday Enchantment brads (another SAB item). I love how the brads add a bright pop of color!

Next I ran a scrap of Poppy Parade card stock through the Big Shot on the Perfect Pennants Die. The greeting from Precious Butterflies was stamped onto the Poppy Parade circle in Versamark, covered with White embossing powder, and heated with the Heat Tool. I adhered this bright scalloped circle onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Now for the star of the card. The beautiful butterfly! I ran a scrap of Pool Party and a scrap of Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot on the Beautiful Butterflies die. Then took the Whisper White butterfly and ran it through the Big Shot again on the Doily Sizzlit. I adhered the doily butterfly on top of the Pool Party butterfly, then sponged around the edges with Pool Party ink. Four large rhinestones were added to create the butterfly's body. I adhered the butterfly onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I love the detail in the butterfly and the combination of DSP patterns and glimmer paper. This card is definitely one of my favorites! What fun things have you used the Doily Sizzlit for? 

Thanks for stopping by!