Thursday, July 7, 2011

Widgets

Doilies and Lace

Hello everyone! I hope you like the new look of my blog. I made some changes to show off some of the new Designer Series Paper available for My Digital Studio. Both of the patterns came from the Flirtatious pack. The card I have to share with you is one I made a couple of weeks ago right after I received my pre-order goodies. I just had to play with the new toys right??? So here it is:


Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Because I Care
Cardstock: Whisper White, Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder
Ink: Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder
Markers: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Modern Label Punch, Large Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals.


The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", and scored at 4 1/4". Another piece of Whisper White cardstock was cut at 3 3/8" x 4 5/8". The smaller piece of Whipser White cardstock was stamped with the doilies from Delicate Doilies. The largest one was stamped twice on the card front in Concord Crush ink. The second largest was stamped twice in Wisteria Wonder ink. Portions of the doilies were colored in with the Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, and Lucky Limeade markers.

This panel was then adhered to a 3 5/8" x 4 7/8" piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock, which was then adhered to a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Concord Crush cardstock. The Large Lace Ribbon Border Punch was used on a scrap of Concord Crush cardstock and the lace was adhered to the panel and the excess was trimmed off. I used the Two-Way Glue Pen to stick the punched piece down. It seemed to work pretty well.

Large rhinestones were added in the center of each of the portions of the lace punch. The greeting was stamped in Concord Crush ink on a scrap of Pool Party cardstock. The greeting was punched out with the Modern Label punch and the edges were sponged with more Pool Party ink (I'm really loving this new color!). One rhinestone was added to each end of the label and the label was adhered to the stamped panel with Stampin' Dimensionals. The large panel was adhered to the Whisper White card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

If you haven't seen the new catalog and would like to just click on the catalog button on the right. There are so many new and fun products to play with!

Thanks for stopping by!