Friday, June 15, 2012

Widgets

Wish Big Friday Mashup 63

Are you ready for another Friday Mashup challenge? I'm having a great time on the design team! Here is my bright and colorful card for this week! 




So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the " Paper Piecing " technique.
  2. Or Make a project using " Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight & Pool Party ".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Paper Piecing Project using the above colors."


Here is what I used:

  • Stamps: Quint-Essential Flower, Word Play
  • Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
  • DSP: Pool Party
  • Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight
  • Accessories: 2-3/8" Scalloped Circle punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle punch, 1" Circle punch, 1/2" Circle punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Rhinestones, Chevron embossing folder


This card was a lot of fun. First I would like to mention that the layered flower is only ONE stamp! Quint-Essential Flower coordinates with ALL of the following punches: 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle punch, 1" Circle punch, 3/4" Circle punch, and the 1/2" Circle punch. All in one stamp! Awesome right?

I started off this card by cutting a piece of Daffodil Delight card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4" x 5-1/4". Then I cut a piece of Pool Party striped DSP 2-1/4" x 4" and adhered it onto the left side of the Whisper White card stock. I stamped the greeting from Word Play on the right side of the Whisper White card stock in Rich Razzleberry ink and then ran the right side of the Whisper White card stock through the Big Shot in the new Chevron embossing folder. Then I adhered the Whisper White card stock layer onto the card front.


Now for that big flower! I stamped the Quint-Essential Flower image onto scraps of Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party, and Daffodil Delight card stock in the matching ink color. Then I punched out the Rich Razzleberry flower with the 2-3/8" Scalloped Circle punch, the Pool Party flower with the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle punch, the Daffodil Delight portion with the 1" Circle punch, and finally another Rich Razzleberry flower with the 1/2" Circle punch. I adhered each layer together with Stampin' Dimensionals and used more Dimensionals to adhere the flower onto the card front.


I just had to add a little bit of sparkle so I added a small Rhinestone in the flower center and in the star of the Wish Big greeting.

I hope you get a chance to head on over to the Friday Mashup to see what the rest of the Design Team has created for you and to play along with the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!