Friday, June 22, 2012

Widgets

Ready for a Party! Friday MashUp 64

Are you ready for a fun new Friday Mashup Challenge? This week we are getting ready for a party! Take a look: 



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the " Party Time " theme.
  2. Or Make a project using the " Box in a Bag " tutorial.
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Box in a Bag with a Party Time theme."



  • Stamps: Make a Cake, Memorable Moments
  • DSP: Patio Party
  • Card Stock: Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
  • Ink: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Stazon
  • Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, 3/8" Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Labels Framelits, Paper Snips, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Rhinestone, Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Tombow Multi-Purpose Adhesive, Pool Party Marker, Summer Starfruit Marker, Snail Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots


To start off on this card I started with a piece of Pool Party card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". Next I cut a piece of Patio Party DSP 3-3/4" x 5" and adhered it onto a piece of Summer Starfruit card stock that was cut at 4" x 5-1/4". I adhered this panel onto the card front. Next I cut a piece of Pool Party Seam Binding ribbon and wrapped it around the card front. I adhered the ends of the ribbon onto the center of the card front with Snail Adhesive. I cut two shorter pieces of ribbon and adhered them with some more Snail so it looks like the ribbon is tied behind the label, but without the bulk.


Next I stamped the label image from Memorable Moments in Summer Starfruit ink. I stamped the greeting from Memorable Moments in Midnight Muse ink before cutting the label out with the Labels Framelits. I used the next largest label framelit to cut a label from a scrap of Pool Party card stock. I adhered the stamped Whisper White label onto the Pool Party label and then used the fine point end of my Pool Party marker to add stitch lines around the Pool Party Label. I adhered the label onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Now for the cake. I stamped the cake and layers from Male a Cake in black Stazon ink onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock. Then I used my Pool Party and Summer Starfruit markers to color in the cake layers. To get the lovely shadow effect on my cake I colored in each layer completely with the desired color. Then I let the marker ink dry and go over it again with the same color marker, this time only coloring the two sides and leaving the middle alone. Let the marker ink dry again and repeat, each time coloring just a little bit less. By layering the same color on top of itself you create shadows. So simple!

If you get hard lines from where you started the second or third layer then just color over the entire thing with a Blender Pen and it will blend away those lines. It's important when coloring on Whisper White card stock that you let the marker ink dry between layers. If you don't the paper will get too wet and you will start to remove the top layer of the paper when you try to color.


I cut out the cake and stand with Paper Snips and adhered it onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. I pulled the little white butterfly out of my scrap dish and adhered it onto the card front with a Mini Glue Dot. Then I added a small Rhinestone into the center of the butterfly just for a tiny bit of sparkle! 


For the box in a bag you can find a tutorial HERE! I used more Pool Party and Summer Starfruit card stock with some Patio Party DSP and Pool Party ribbon to create this sweet little bag! 

Stop on by the Friday Mashup blog to see what everyone else on the Design Team created! I hope you get a chance to play along!

Thanks for stopping by!