Friday, June 1, 2012

Widgets

Here's to You and Friday Mashup 61

Hello again everyone! I'm super pleased to announce that between June and December I am a Guest Designer over at the Friday Mashup! I'm so excited to be a Guest Designer! (Insert high pitched squeal and crazy looking happy dance here). So here is my first Guest Designer sample! 


The challenge this week is all about scraps! The challenge is to make a project with scraps of patterned paper and ribbon, make a scrapling, or make a scrapling using scraps of patterned paper and ribbon. Well, first off I didn't know what a scrapling was so I will fill you in just in case you don't know either. A scrapling is the left over piece from creating a square card from a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card base. It could be used as a tag or a bookmark or whatever. But that is what it is. 

Well I don't make square cards very often so I opted to just create a card from scraps. I had these pieces laying around on my table from putting together a Craft Project Central project (which you will see in June). 


Now my scrap pile has been getting really out of control lately. I've just been so busy working on many things (that you will get to see later) that I just haven't had time to sort through the stack and put away my scraps. So absolutely everything for this card except for the stamped images were already on my work table. Even the ribbon! I'm going to have to spend some serious time getting my craft room cleaned up when I get back from vacation!


  • Stamps: Friendly Phrases, Papaya Collage
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Very Vanilla, Summer Starfruit
  • DSP: Comfort Cafe 
  • Ink: Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
  • Accessories: Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dot, Pearls


Anyway...on to the card. I started off with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". The scalloped Midnight Muse card stock started out at 1-1/2" x 5-1/2" before being punched. I didn't measure the strips of Comfort Cafe DSP, but they look to be about 1" wide. I adhered on on top of the Midnight Muse card stock and adhered that strip onto the card front. Then I simply adhered the remaining strips one right next to the other. I wrapped a piece of Pool Party Seam Binding ribbon around the card front and tied it into a bow.


For the greeting I stamped it Summer Starfruit ink and the image from Friendly Phrases on a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock. I punched out the greeting with the Decorative Label punch. Then I used the Decorative Label punch again on a scrap of Summer Starfruit card stock. I cut the Summer Starfruit label in half and cut off the points that were on the long sides and adhered it behind the Very Vanilla label to create a mat.

I stamped the butterfly from Papaya Collage onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Midnight Muse ink. I cut out the butterfly with Paper Snips and adhered it onto the label with a Mini Glue Dot. I added a few Pearls onto the butterfly to create the body then adhered the label onto the card front with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals.

That's it! I hope you join in the fun over at the Friday Mashup! Head over there now to see what the rest of the Design Team has created!

Thanks for stopping by!