Monday, June 11, 2012

Widgets

New Toys and Carry On

I had been saving up for the new catalog release for a few months. There are always lots of new goodies that I want from the new catalog. Here is part of my first order! I had already put a lot of it away before thinking to take a picture, but here are all the fabulous new stamp sets that I got! 


Including the much desired and currently unavailable hostess set Carry On. Stampin' Up is currently not processing orders with this hostess set due to unexpected legal issues. Apparently there is an ongoing legal dispute about the trademark rights to the Keep Calm and Carry On saying. As soon as Stampin' Up posts news about the future of this set I will let you know. But since my order was entered on June 1st I was one of the lucky few that actually was able to get this set! Yay! 


So of course I had to create a card with it! I used the sketch SCCSC123 for this card. 


  • Stamps: Carry On
  • Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Whisper White
  • DSP: Gumball Green
  • Ink: Midnight Muse, Gumball Green
  • Accessories: Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly: 


I kept this card pretty clean and simple. So to start off I cut a piece of Midnight Muse card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" and adhered it onto the card front. Next I cut a piece of Gumball Green DSP 3-3/4" x 4-1/4" and adhered it onto the Whisper White card stock. Since my main image panel was also my sentiment I skipped adding a sentiment on the bottom of the card. 

I know, I know. I'm bad. My sketch and I can't even follow it! But you gotta go where inspiration lead you right? 

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2" x 3-1/2". I stamped the Keep Calm and Stamp On in Midnight Muse ink and the little card in Gumball Green ink. This was adhered onto a 2-1/4" x 3-3/4" piece of Midnight Muse card stock. I wrapped a piece of Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain ribbon around the panel and tied it into a bow. The panel was adhered onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. 


I've got all sorts of new goodies to show you! So come back each day to see what new toys I've used! If you would like to start shopping the new catalog online and get your own new toys to play with then click HERE

Thanks for stopping by!