Friday, June 8, 2012

Widgets

For the Birds - Friday Mashup 62!

Good morning everyone! Today I have another Friday Mashup challenge to share with you! This week is all for the birds! The challenge was to make a card using the sketch below, make a project featuring birds, or mash it up and create a card with the sketch featuring birds! 


So here is my mashed up card! 



  • Stamps: Papaya Collage, Friendly Phrases, Language of Friendship
  • Card Stock: Summer Starfruit, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Gumball Green
  • DSP: Titterpated
  • Ink: Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green, Basic Black, Basic Gray
  • Accessories: Bird Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Silver Glimmer Paper, Stampin' Sponge, Rhinestones
Summer Starfruit is such an interesting color. When I first saw it I thought I would have to force myself to use it, but now I find I'm drawn to it when reaching for colors to start a new card. So for this card I started with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Summer Starfruit card stock that was scored at 4-1/4. Next I cut a piece of Twitterpated DSP 1-1/4" x 5-1/2" and adhered it in the center of the card front.

For the vertical strips I used Gumball Green cut at 3/4" x 4-1/4" and adhered them onto the card front. Just to add a little bit of sparkle I cut two pieces of Silver Glimmer Paper 1/4" x 4-1/4" and adhered them on top of the Gumball Green strips.

For the main image panel I started off with a piece of Whisper White card stock cut at 2-1/4" x 3-1/4". I stamped the leaves from Papaya Collage in Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green. I'm still getting used to these new ink pads, but so far I love them! I wanted to stick with something simple for the greeting so I pulled out Friendly Phrases and stamped the greeting onto the Whisper White card stock in Basic Black ink. Then I adhered this panel onto a 2-3/8" x 3-3/8" piece of Basic Gray card stock and then I adhered this onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I couldn't resist adding just another little bit of sparkle so I added a small Rhinestone onto the greeting.

Now for the bird...I stamped the bird image from Language of Friendship in Basic Black ink onto Basic Gray card stock. Then I punched out the bird with the Bird Punch and sponged around the edges with Basic Gray ink. I adhered the wing onto the bird with a Stampin' Dimensional. I punched a branch from Gumball Green card stock with the Bird Punch and adhered it behind the bird. I adhered the bird to the card front with a Stampin' Dimensional just to make it pop!


If you have a chance head on over to the Friday Mashup! and play along! Head on over there to see what else the design team has created!

Thanks for stopping by!