Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Widgets

Simply Wonderful

Good morning everyone! It has been a busy week and I have a lot left to do! But I thought I would share with you this quick and fun card that I created for the SCCSC118 sketch challenge on Stampin' Connection.  This is one of those cards that looks really simple at the first glance, but really takes some serious thought to make. Take a look: 


  • Stamps: Friendly Phrases
  • Card stock: Midnight Muste, Whisper White
  • DSP: Patio Party, Comfort Cafe, Midnight Muse
  • Ink: Summer Starfruit
  • Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Lables Framelits, Dimensionals, Gold Brads, Paper Piercer, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Paper Snips


I started off with a piece of Midnight Muse card stock cut at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". Then I cut four pieces of DSP. The hearts pattern is from Patio Party and was cut at 2-3/4" x 3-1/2". The Soft Suede pattern was from Comfort Cafe and was cut at 2" x 1-1/2". The Summer Starfruit pattern was from Patio Party and was cut at 1-1/2" x 3-1/2". Finally the Midnight Muse pattern was from the In Color DSP Stack and was cut at 2" x 2-3/4". I adhered all the DSP pieces onto the card front. 

After the hard work of getting the DSP patterns cut the right size and adhered in place it was time to work on the greeting label! I stamped the greeting from Friendly Phrases onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Summer Starfruit ink and cut it out with the die from the Apothecary Accents Framelits. Then I used the label (I think it was the third from smallest one) and cut a label from a scrap of Midnight Muse card stock. I cut the Midnight Muse label in half and adhered the two pieces behind the left side of the Whisper White label. Then I used my Paper Piercer and Stampin' Pierce Mat to poke three holes in the left side of the greeting label. I added three gold brads and then adhered the label layer onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. 


I made sure to adhere the label so the right side of the Whisper White label extended past the card edge. Then I simply used my Paper Snips to trim off the label even with the card edge. Super Simple! Well, after the DSP was cut and adhered it was super simple!

Thanks for stopping by!