Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Widgets

Simple Primrose Petals

Hello everyone! I've been busy, busy, busy in my craft room playing with lots of new toys! Here is another card that uses some of these fabulous new products. This card was created for the SCCSC119 sketch challenge on Stampin' Connection. Take a look: 



  • Stamps: Flowering Flourishes, Friendly Phrases, Papillion Potpourri
  • Card Stock: Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
  • Ink: Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple
  • Accessories: Mini Glue Dots, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Curly Label Punch, Stampin' Pierce Mat, Stampin' Dimensionals. 


Here is the sketch that was created by Susie Nelson:


This card was super simple and fast to put together. I started off by cutting a piece of Primrose Petals card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". Then I placed the card front on top of my Stampin' Pierce Mat and used the curly label template from the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack and pierced the large curly label shape.

Then I inked up the image from Flowering Flourishes with Raspberry Ripple ink and stamped the flower four times around the pierced curly label shape. Next I stamped the greeting from Friendly Phrases onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Primrose Petals ink. I punched out the greeting with the Curly Label Punch then used the piercing template again to pierce the shape inside the curly label. I adhered the curly label onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Just to add some sparkle I applied Dazzling Details onto the blossoms and the leaves of the stamped images.


The card needed just a little something more, so I stamped the butterfly image from Papillion Potpourri in Raspberry Ripple ink onto a scrap of Raspberry Ripple card stock. I punched out the stamped butterfly with the Elegant Butterfly punch and adhered the butterfly onto the card front with a Mini Glue Dot.

I just love how simple yet elegant this card is! What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!