Friday, June 29, 2012

Widgets

Party Owl Friday Mashup 65

Are you ready for another Friday Mashup Challenge? Well ready or not it's here!



  • Stamps: Curly Cute
  • Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Gumball Green, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Midnight Muse
  • DSP: Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse, Patio Party
  • Ink: Midnight Muse
  • Accessories: Owl Punch, Two-Way Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Mini glue Dots, Pennant Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack


Here is the challenge info:



So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project with " Punch Art ".
  2. Or Make a project featuring your " Favorite Animal ".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project " with an Animal made from Punches ".

I feel like I kind of cheated on this challenge. It was just too easy to really be called a challenge. I used my Owl Punch to make my animal from punches. But I truly do love my owl punch! It has had a lot of use making adorably cute owls. 


I pulled all of the pieces for this card from my scrap pile. I wasn't sure about the Gumball Green and Summer Starfruit together, but it seems like a really nice and bright combination! I started off with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". I ran the card front through the Big Shot in the Chevron embossing folder to give it some nice texture. 


Next I cut a piece of Summer Starfruit DSP 2" x 5-1/2" and adhered it onto a piece of Gumball Green card stock that was 2-1/4" x 5-1/2". Then I adhered this onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. Next I took a strip of Whisper White card stock from my scraps. I think it was 5/8" wide x about 4" long. I stamped the greeting from Curly Cute onto the strip in Midnight Muse ink. Then I used Paper Snips to trim the left end into a dovetail shape. I curled this piece around my bone folder to make it wavy and used two Mini Glue Dots to glue it in place onto the Summer Starfruit DSP. 


Now for the cute owl. For the body I used Crumb Cake, The large part of the eyes were Sahara Sand. Whisper White for the middle part of the eyes, and Midnight Muse for the pupils and the heart. The belly was a scrap of Patio Party DSP. 

For the party hat I used the Pennant Punch on a scrap of Midnight Muse card stock. Then I used Paper Snips to trim a little off the bottom of the triangle to make it shorter. For the pom-pom on the party hat I used the small flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. I used Two-Way Glue Pen to adhere all these little pieces together to create the adorable owl and adhered the owl onto the card front with a couple Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I really love how the textured chevron stripes kind of mimic the strips in the Summer Starfruit DSP, and that owl looks like he's ready to party! 

Stop on by the Friday Mashup blog to see what everyone else on the Design Team created! I hope you get a chance to play along!


Thanks for stopping by!