Thursday, April 5, 2012

Widgets

Lucky Label Candy Holder

Good morning everyone! Today I have to share with you the 3D project that we made at the March Make and Take. Since the Make and Take was right before St. Patrick's day we made this cute little candy holder with a St. Patrick's day theme. You could easily change it up for any theme that you need though! Take a look: 



  • Stamps: Create a Cupcake, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock: Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Always Artichoke
  • DSP: Twitterpated
  • Ink: Certainly Celery, Lucky Limeade
  • Accessories: Labels Framelits, Simply Scored, Crop-A-Dile, Lucky Limeade Organza ribbon (Everyday Enchantment pack from SAB), Small Heart punch, Pearls, 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval punch


I think you'll be surprised how quick and easy this cutie is to put together! First I cut a piece of Lucky Limeade card stock 5-1/2" x 6-1/2" and ran it through the Big Shot with the largest Label Framelit. Then I cut a piece of Twitterpated DSP 4" x 5" and ran it through the Big Shot with the second largest Label Framelit. Now take your Lucky Limeade label and line up the points on the label with a groove on your Simply Scored. Score the label 1/4" on either side of the point on the label.

Tip: I frequently use my Simply Scored for weird angle scores that require you to line it up in a single groove. That is difficult to see on your Simply Scored because the score grooves are so close together. So to resolve this I simply took a fine point permanent marker and colored in the 6" groove. This makes the groove easier to see when I need to line up the points of the label or something similar. 

Next I adhered the DSP label onto the scored Lucky Limeade label and folded on the score lines. Now it's time to work on the tag. On a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock I stamped the heart from Create a Cupcake in Certainly Celery ink. To get the lighter hearts I actually inked up the heart stamp, stamped the image onto a scrap of copy paper, then stamped it onto the Whisper White card stock. I just repeated this three more times and stamped the hearts so that the points look like they're joined to form a four leaf clover.

Then I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Lucky Limeade ink on top of the clover. The greeting was punched out with the 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval punch. I used the small hole of the Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the end of the oval tag, and at the top of both sides of the label. Then I just inserted a piece of Lucky Limeade Organza ribbon and tied it into a bow.


As cute as it was it was missing something. So I got out my Small Heart punch and a scrap of Always Artichoke card stock. I punched out four hearts and adhered them onto the front of the candy holder so that it looks like a four leaf clover. Then to finish it off I added a pearl into the center! Inside are two Smarties packages. This would also work for Tootsie Rolls, chap stick, or just about anything that you can get to fit.

What a cute way to present a little something for someone! These would make great party favors too! What fun things have you been using your Labels Framelits for?

Thanks for stopping by!