Monday, April 9, 2012

Widgets

Happy Easter!

Okay, I know yesterday was Easter. I hope you all had a fabulous holiday weekend! I made this card yesterday for my Mom. I used the sketch challenge SCCSC114 on Stampin' Connection to start with. I knew I wanted to use the adorable Easter bunny egg balloon image from Everybunny because it is just so darn cute! Take a look at my card: 


  • Stamps: Everybunny, Teeny Tiny Wishes, French Filigree
  • Card Stock: Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Whisper White
  • DSP: Daffodil Delight DSP
  • Ink: Stazon, Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade, Sahara Sand
  • Accessories: Scallop Edge Border punch, Blender Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Dazzling Details, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding ribbon.
Here is the sketch that was created by yours truly: 


I started off by cutting a piece of Wisteria Wonder card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scoring it at 4-1/4". Then I inked up the French Filigree background stamp with Wisteria Wonder ink and stamped it onto the card front. Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 4" x 2-3/4". I punched one of the 4" long sides with the Scallop Edge Border punch. Then I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight polka dot DSP 2-1/4" x 3-7/8". I adhered the DSP onto the punched Whisper White card stock and adhered this panel onto the bottom of the card front.

Next I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 2" x 3-3/4". I stamped the image from Everybunny onto the card stock in Black Stazon ink. I used my Blender Pen with my ink pads to color in the images. To do this squeeze the center of the ink pad while the pad is closed, then open the pad up half way and use the Blender Pen to pick the ink up off the lid of the ink pad.

I used Sahara Sand for the bunny; Lucky Limeade for the basket; Pool Party for the egg; Wisteria Wonder for the stripes on the egg; and Daffodil Delight for the polka dots, ribbon on the basket, and the flowers. Then I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Wisteria Wonder ink. I adhered the colored panel onto a 2-1/4" x 4" piece of Pool Party card stock then tied some Daffodil Delight Seam Binding ribbon into a bow around the panel.


I adhered the panel onto the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals and added some Dazzling Details to the stripes and dots on the egg just to add a little bit of sparkle! I really love the combination of colors on this card. These aren't colors that I would normally pair together, but I love how it turned out! What fun projects did you make for Easter?

Thanks for stopping by!