Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Widgets

Jewelry Set and Gift Box

Okay, I have one last Christmas present from last year to share with you. This is a red and pewter necklace and earrings set that I made. The jewelry supplies for this project came from Wal-Mart. The jewelry selection at my local store recently has had some very nice things. I combined red glass beads with pewter chain to create a three strand necklace and added the beautiful heart pendant. The earrings were just some more red beads and chain.



Here it is all packaged up ready to go. This was being sent overseas so I wanted to try to make sure that it remained untangled and looking pretty during shipping. So I used some wire and a scrap piece of thin cardboard I had lying around to attach the necklace and earrings to. I just punched holes in the cardboard and used scrap pieces of wire as twist ties on the back to hold everything in place.


This is the box I made to package the jewelry set in. I used some retired glittery polka dot DSP with Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, and Naturals White card stock to make the box. I tied a large bow around the box in 1-1/4" Night of Navy Striped Grosgrain ribbon. Then I cut a long length of Cherry Cobbler baker's twine and tied it around the center of the bow. I inserted the baker's twine threads through a button, added on three mini jingle bells, and then tied the baker's twine into a knot, then into a little bow.  


Then I cut a long length of Cherry Cobbler baker's twine and tied it around the center of the bow. I inserted the baker's twine threads through a button, added on three mini jingle bells, and then tied the baker's twine into a knot, then into a little bow.


The box and jewelry set turned out just how I wanted them to look! I really hope the recipient liked it!

Thanks for stopping by!