Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Widgets

Who Loves Pink

Back in March when I was making samples for the March Make and Take I goofed. I forgot to include at least one Easter themed project. So to correct that mistake I held a special Spring and Easter class. Well here is the first card from that class. Although it's not for Easter it is a bright and simple card that reminds me of spring. Take a look: 



  • Stamps: Simply Soft, Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Melon Mambo
  • DSP: Melon Mambo 
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Melon Mambo
  • Accessories: Tasteful Trim Die, Perfect Details Texturez Plate, Word Window Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals, Pretty in Pink Marker, Lucky Limeade Marker, Two Way Glue Pen


To start off I cut a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored it at 4-1/4". Then I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 3" x 4" and ran it through the Big Shot on the Perfect Details Texturez Plate. I adhered this onto the top of the card front. Next I cut a piece of Melon Mambo striped DSP 2-1/4" x 4" and adhered it onto the bottom of the card front. To finish off the seam where the Whisper White card stock and DSP meet I cut a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock 1/2" x 4" and ran it through the Big Shot on the Tasteful Trim die to cut out the ric-rac. I adhered the ric-rac onto the card with a Two-Way Glue Pen.

Now for the flowers. I cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 1-7/8" x 3-1/8" and then stamped the flower from Simply Soft onto the card stock in Black Stazon ink. I wanted to continue the pink theme with the card so I colored in the flowers with the Pretty in Pink marker. The leaves and stem were then colored in with the Lucky Limeade marker. I cut a piece of Melon Mambo card stock 2" x 3-1/4" and adhered my flower panel on top of it. Then I adhered this panel onto the left side of the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Now I just had to figure out what to use for a sentiment. I didn't want to just stamp on the DSP because it can be difficult to read on certain colors. So I opted for my go-to set. I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock in Melon Mambo ink. Then I punched out the greeting with the Word Window punch and adhered the label onto the bottom of the card front with the Two-Way Glue Pen.

To dress up the greeting label a little bit I punched out one small flower from Pretty in Pink card stock and another from Melon Mambo card stock using the small flower punch that comes in the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. I glued the flowers together and onto the left side of the label and added a single small rhinestone into the center just to add a little bit of sparkle.

That's it! This mostly monochromatic card turned out wonderful! Since I used the simple "thinking of you" for my greeting it will make a great card for a variety of occasions! What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!