Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Widgets

Enchanting Easter Bunny

Hello again! I have another card from the Spring/Easter Make and Take. This is the second one we made. I saw a card on Karen Squire's blog that I knew I just HAD to make because it was just so darn cute! So here it is: 


  • Stamps: Everybunny
  • Card Stock: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
  • DSP: Everyday Enchantment
  • Ink: Black Stazon, Soft Suede, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Sahara Sand
  • Accessories: Blender Pen, Labels Framelits, Edgelits, 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch, Modern Label Punch, 2" x 1-3/8" Oval Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Calypso Coral Organza Ribbon, Everyday Enchantment Brads, Stampin' Sponge, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack

I started off with a piece of Calypso Coral card stock cut 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4". Then I sponged Soft Suede ink around the top, bottom, and fold sides of the card front. Next I cut a piece of Everyday Enchantment DSP 4" x 5-1/4". I ran it through the Big Shot with the curvy Edgelit to cut one edge. Then I sponged around all four sides with Soft Suede ink and adhered the DSP onto the card front.

Now that the DSP is glued onto the card front I cut the edge of the card front with the curvy Edgelit. I find it's easiest to get the shapes lined up if the shorter layer is already glued into place. Then I sponged the now curvy edge of the Calypso Coral card stock with Soft Suede ink.

Next I stamped the adorable bunny in the egg from Everybunny onto Very Vanilla card stock in Black Stazon ink and punched out the bunny with the 2" x 1-3/8" Oval Punch. To color in the bunny I used the Blender Pen with Sahara Sand, Pool Party, and Calypso Coral ink pads. To do this, squeeze the center of the ink pad while it is closed, then open up the ink pad half-way and use the blender pen to pick up the ink off the lid of the ink pad and apply it to your image. By coloring this way you get a very soft watercolor look to your image. After I was done coloring I sponged around the edges of the oval with Soft Suede ink.


Then I cut a piece of Pool Party card stock 2" x 2-1/2" and ran it through the Big Shot with the smallest Labels Framelit. I also cut a piece of Calypso Coral card stock 2-1/2" x 3" and ran it through the Big Shot with the second-smallest Labels Framelit. Then I sponged the edges on both labels. The Calypso Coral label was adhered directly onto the top of the card front. The Pool Party label was adhered behind the bunny oval and was adhered on top of the Calypso Coral label with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Now for the greeting. I stamped the greeting from Everybunny onto a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock in Calypso Coral ink and punched it out with the 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval punch and sponged around the edges with Soft Suede ink. I then used the Modern Label punch on a scrap of Calypso Coral card stock and adhered the modern label behind the greeting oval. In this picture the modern label was not sponged like everything else. I didn't notice it at the time, but later I took it off, sponged the edges and put it back on and it looks much better! The greeting was adhered onto the bottom of the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.


Now I just wanted to add the pretty Calypso Coral ribbon. So I tied a bow in the pretty Organza Ribbon and trimmed the ends. I used the Paper Piercer and Mat Pack to pierce a hole in the card front just under the Framelit labels. I spread the prongs on an Everyday Enchantment brad and placed the knot of the bow between the prongs. Then I closed the prongs just enough to get them through the hole and spread the prongs on the inside of the card front.

This card definitely took more time than some of the others, but it was just too cute to resist. Thank you Karen for the inspiration! You can find Karen Squires card HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!