Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Widgets

Gently Falling Swap Failure

A few months ago I joined a couple of swaps. One was for the Holiday Mini Catalog and the other was a Christmas Card swap. For those of you who don't know a swap is where you make several copies of the same card, send them in the mail to the hostess of the swap, she swaps your cards out with cards from other people. So you get back the same number of cards that you sent all designed by different people. Swaps are a great way to get new ideas for cards.

Anyway...time got away from me and I had to drop out of the Holiday Mini Catalog swap, but I still had the Christmas Card swap to create for. So I went down to my craft room and whipped out 6 of these cards and 6 of another design (to be posted tomorrow). I was totally happy! I loved my cards and I was actually going to be able to mail them out early instead of the day of like I usually do. As I was looking at the swap instructions to find the mailing address. That's when I noticed it.... Not at any point during the couple of hours it took to make all of the cards did I notice it. But I had designed a card just with supplies from the Holiday Mini Catalog when I was supposed to be designing a Christmas card! Oh no!!!!!. 

So I hurried down to my craft room the next day and whipped out 6 Christmas cards to replace the ones I had incorrectly made and was still able to mail out the swap on the post marked date. But now I have 6 of these sitting in a stack at home with no where to go! 

So if you would like to swap one-on-one with me to get one of these cards please just e-mail with your address at amanda.c09@hotmail.com. You mail me a card of your choosing, and I will mail you one of these! There are only 6 of them so don't hesitate!    


Stamps: Gently Falling, En Francais
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
DSP: Spice Cake DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Pool Party, Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark
Accessories: Heat Tool, Gold Embossing Powder, Paper Snips, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Tasteful Trim Die, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge

The card base is Crumb Cake cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" with a 4 1/4" score. The card front was stamped with the solid image of the leaf in Crumb Cake ink and the line image of the leaf in Early Espresso ink to give the card a background pattern. The edges of the card front where heavily sponged with Early Espresso ink.

Next a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock was cut at 2 3/4" x 3 3/4". This cardstock was stamped with En Francais in Pool Party ink and the edges of the panel were sponged with Early Espresso ink. Then a 3" x 4" piece of Pool Party cardstock was also sponged around the edges with Early Espresso ink. The stamped Very Vanilla panel was adhered to the Pool Party panel.

Then two pieces of DSP were cut at 1" x 2 3/4". These strips were run through the Big Shot on the Tasteful Trim Die to cut out the large scallops. The edge of the scallops were sponged with Early Espresso ink and then they were adhered to the bottom of the Very Vanilla and Pool Party panel. A piece of 5/8" Chocoalte Chip Satin Ribbon was wrapped around the panel where the DSP met the cardstock and the ribbon was adhered to the back. This panel was adhered to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.


The solid image of the leaf was stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock. The line image of the leaf was stamped in Versamark, covered with Gold Embossing powder, the excess powder tapped off, then heated with the heat tool. Then I used the Aqua Painter to add Peach Parfait ink to the leaf just to fill it in. The leaf was cut out with Paper Snips and the leaf was adhered to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

This was a tad bit time consuming, but not too bad overall. Anyway... let me know if you would like to swap for one of these!

Thanks for stopping by!