Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Widgets

Misty Apple Blossoms

Good morning! How is everyone on this wonderful Tuesday morning? Today I have a card for you that uses the Apple Blossom stamp set. I've had this set for a while now and I'm just starting to play with it. Well here is the card I made:


Stamps: Apple Blossom
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink: Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Whisper White Craft
Accessories: 5/8" Marina Mist Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Pearl Jewel Accents, Stampin' Dimensionals, Hobby Blade, Paper Snips

The card base is Crumb Cake cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2". I stamped the front of the card in a random pattern with the two flowers in the Apple Blossom set in Whisper White craft ink. I set this aside to dry for a while. I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 2 3/4" x 4". This was stamped with the stem of leaves from the stamp set in Marina Mist ink. I stamped them in a stair-stepped type pattern and also I would stampe the image twice each time I inked the stamp. This is called Stamping Off and that is how I got some branches darker than the others, but still with the same color. Cool huh?

I stamped the greeting in the bottom right hand corner of the panel in Night of Navy ink. This panel was adhered to a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock that was cut at 2 7/8" x 4 1/8". This was then adhered to a piece of Marina Mist cardstock that was cut at 3" x 4 1/4". Some Basic Pearl Jewel Accents were added to the top leaf of each branch. Some Stampin' Dimensionals were added to the back of the panel and it was adhered to the card front in the top right corner.

Using a Hobby Blade I cut a slit in the fold of the card wide enough for my ribbon to go through. The ribbon was threaded through and around the card front, tied into a knot, and the ends were trimmed with Paper Snips. Now it's done! This card was super quick to make and I love it! Let me know what you think. Come back tomorrow for a scrapbook page!