Thursday, October 21, 2010

Widgets

Fall Colors

Good morning everyone! Today I have a color challenge for you. This is challenge number SCCOLOR34. I am posting a few old color challenges this week because I am currently on vacation sailing through the Carribbean on the Disney Magic cruise ship. So I have pre-posted lots of things for you to see. Since I won't be home to keep up with the current color challenge I'm featuring some older ones. This color challenge requires you to use Old Olive, So Saffron, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, and Whisper White.

What great fall colors! So I have created this fall card:


Stamps: Day of Gratitude, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Peach Parfait, So Saffron, Whisper White
DSP: Presto Patterns DSP
Ink: So Saffron, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Old Olive
Accessories: Scalloped Oval punch, Gold Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, Two-Way Glue Pen, Paper Snips, Stampin' Sponge, Needle Tool, Mat Pack

The card base is Peach Parfait cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". A piece of Presto Patterns Designer Series Paper was cut at 3 1/2" x 4 3/4". To color in the paper I first used the So Saffron ink pad and swiped the ink pad directly over the paper streaking on the ink until I was pleased with the coverage. I really like the lines and mottled look that this created in the background. Then in random places I sponged Peach Parfait ink from the side towards the center. Poppy Parade was sponged in the same locations as the Peach Parfait ink not covering the Peach Parfait ink entirely. Then all of the edges were lightly sponged with Poppy Parade.

The sponged DSP panel was adhered to a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut at 3 5/8" x 4 7/8". This was then adhered to a piece of So Saffron cardstock cut at 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". Then this was adhered to the card front.

On a scrap of Whisper White I stamped the leaves from Day of Gratitude. One each in So Saffron, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, and Old Olive. These were carefully cut out with paper snips and adhered to the front of the card with a Two-Way Glue Pen. On a scrap of So Saffron cardstock I stamped the greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Poppy Parade ink. This was then punched out with the Scalloped Oval punch and the edges were sponged with So Saffron ink. The Needle Tool and Mat Pack were used to pierce holes on both ends of the scalloped oval and two Gold Brads were added. The greeting was adhered to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I just love the Presto Patterns DSP because you can color it however you like to fit the project you are making. It is so easy to get a wonderful looking background that really is a WOW when it's finished! I hope you've enjoyed seeing this fall card! Thanks Barbara Welch for the great Color Challenge! Come back tomorrow to see a tutorial!