Friday, October 29, 2010

Widgets

Two-Step Stamping - Tutorial

It's another Friday! That means it's time for the weekly tutorial! Today's is on Two-Step Stamping!

For this tutorial you will need a Two-Step Stamping set, cardstock, and the inks of your choice. For this one I am using Awash With Flowers, Basic Black, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Poppy Parade, and Daffodil Delight ink and Whisper White cardstock.

With a Two-Step Stamping set you can either stamp the bottom image or the top image first. Awash with Flowers is one that I like to stamp the top image or the outline image first in Basic Black so I can layout how I want the flower arrangement, this is just personal preference though.

When using a set like Greenhouse Garden you would want to stamp the solid images in a lighter color and the finer lined images in a darker color.

Now that I have all of my outlines done I can start stamping in my colors.

Now I begin stamping in my solid image stamps to add the various colors to my flower arrangement.

Here I have added all of my colors with the solid image stamps. You can see that by doing the two different steps I can a more whimsical looking panel by not having everything lined up perfectly. Or you could use the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get every image perfectly placed on top of the other.

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. Let me know if there is another topic that you would like to see a tutorial on. Come back later today to see what I do with this colorful floral panel! Have fun stamping!