Sunday, August 8, 2010

Widgets

Daffodil Delight Flower For You

Todays card uses the flower that I showed you how to make in the tutorial yesterday. If you missed it you can find it here. Take a look:


Stamps: Bella Toille, Cute By The Inch (Level 2 hostess)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzaz
Ink: Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight
Paper: Greenhoue Gala DSP
Accessories: 5/8" Daffodil Delight Grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Square punch, Fancy Flower Punch, Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Basic Pearls Jewel Accents, Two Way Glue Pen, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals, Gold Glow Smooch Spritz, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Die, Needle Tool, Paper Snips

The flower was made with Pear Pizzaz, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White cardstock with Daffodil Delight and Peach Parfait ink, a large silver brad from the Hodgepodge Hardware kit, and a large Basic Pearl Jewel Accent. You can find the tutorial by clicking the link at the top of this post.

The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". The card front was stamped with the Bella Toille background stamp in Peach Parfait ink. I had a scrap of Greenhouse Gala DSP sitting on my work table that was 2 1/4" x 4". I wrapped a piece of 5/8" Daffodil Delight Grosgrain ribbon around the DSP and adhered it to a piece of Poppy Parade cardstock cut at 2 3/8" x 4 1/4" then adhered that to the card front.

I stamped the image from Cute By The Inch in Poppy Parade ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and cut it out using paper snips. I used the Two Way Glue Pen to adhere my stamped square to a scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock and cut around it with the paper snips. This was then adered to a piece of Peach dParfait cardstock punched with the Scalloped Square punch. This was adhered to the card front with a Stampin' Dimensional. The flower that I made yesterday was adhered to the card front with a piece of sticky strip.

Now after I completed the card and put it on a display shelf with all of the other cards I've made recently, I realized that I had used the same colors from the color challenge this week without even trying to. Its funny how that happens sometimes.  

Here is a close up of the flower. The only thing I added from yesterday was spraying it with some Gold Glow Smooch Spritz to give the flower some sparkle.  


Come back tomorrow to see another paper creation! Have fun stamping!