Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Widgets

Elegant Eggplant Scrapbook Page

The scrapbook page I have to show you today is one that I will be demonstrating at a workshop tonight. I will have to add a photo later. Take a look:

Stamps: Awash With Flowers
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant Textured Cardstock, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Going Grey, Old Olive
DSP: Greenhouse Gala DSP
Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Black Stazon
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, Pear Pizzaz Marker, Paper Snips, Two-Way Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Round Tab Punch, Aquapainter


The page started with a 12" x 12" piece of Elegant Eggplant Textured cardstock. I cut at 2" x 12" piece of Greenhouse Gala DSP and adhered it to a 2 1/4" x 12" piece of Going Grey cardstock. I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 2" x 12" and punched the edge with the Scallop Trim Border punch. This was adhered to the back of a 3" x 12" piece of Certainly Celery cardstock. The Certainly Celery layers were adhered to the scrapbook page, then the Greenhouse Gala DSP layers were adhered to the Certinaly Celery cardstock.

For the center mats I used a 7 3/8" x 7 3/8" piece of Going Grey cardstock adhered to a 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock which was adhered to a 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Old Olive cardstock then adhered to the page. So now there is room to place a photo that is cropped to 7 1/4" x 7 1/4". The main reason for the size of this panel is because I really don't have that many different colors of 12" x 12" and I really wanted to use Old Olive because it looks so bright and cheerful with the Elegant Eggplant, but all I had was 8 1/2" x 11". So I started off with the 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" Old Olive cardstock and worked my way down. Now I'm glad that I did have only the 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" because I like how clean and simple this layout looks.

I didn't want to clutter up the layout with a journaling block so I created a pocket under the Old Olive layer for a 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock to hide. I created the pocket on the back a bit larger than the cardstock by putting sticky strip around where the cardstock would go. Then I used the Round Tab punch to punch out an Elegant Eggplant tab and adhered it to the Whisper White cardstock with some small pieces of sticky strip. This tab will be pulled on each time someone reads the journaling so I wanted the adhesive to be super strong.

I stamped the flower outline from Awash With Flowers on scraps of Whisper White cardstock in Black Stazon ink. I colored in the stem portion with the Pear Pizzaz marker. The flower petals I colored in by squeezing the center of an ink pad to get some ink on the lid. Opened the pad half-way and used an Aquapainter to pick up the color and color in the flower petals. This gives a nice watercolor look to the flower. Then I cut the flowers out with paper snips. The first flower was adhered to the corner of the Going Grey mat with the Two-Way Glue pen, the second flower was adhered with one Stampin' Dimensional, and the third flower was adhered with two Stampin' Dimensionals stacked one on top of the other. This makes the flowers at three different levels and adds dimension to the page.

I'm pretty pleased with this scrapbook page and I think my hostess will be too! What do you think? Come back tomorrow to see what I have to show you! Have fun stamping!