Monday, August 30, 2010

Widgets

Green, Red, and Gold Christmas

Sorry, no tutorial today. I've been busy lately preparing for a local festival that I will have a booth at. I will have to show you some pictures of the chaos. So instead for today I have a swap card. Yay swaps! This is one that I submitted for the Red, Green, & Gold Christmas card swap. It's never too early to start getting ideas for your Christmas cards!

Stamps: Season of Joy, Simple Snowflake
Cardstock: Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Naturals White, Brushed Gold
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Versamark
Accessories: Gold embossing powder, Heat Gun, Brayer, Needle Tool, Mat Pack, Gold Brads, Embossing Buddy, 5/8" Old Olive Satin Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

The card base is Bravo Burgundy cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". I used the Simple Snowflake stamp with Bravo Burgundy ink all over the card base to create a subtle patterned background. A piece of Naturals White cardstock was cut at 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" and brayered with Old Olive ink. When brayering start just off of the paper on one edge and work your way onto and down the paper as you roll back and fourth. This will give you a fading effect with your ink. "Merry Christmas" was stamped in Bravo Burgundy ink in the lower right hand corner. This cardstock was then adhered to a piece of Always Artichoke cardstock cut at 2 5/8" 4 1/4", and this was then layered on a piece of Brushed Gold cardstock cut at 2 7/8" x 4 1/4". These layers were then adhered to the card front.

On a 2" x 3" piece of Naturals White cardstock I used the embossing buddy, stamped the tree in Versamark, and heat embossed with Gold embossing powder. A piece of 5/8" Old Olive Satin ribbon was cut at 1 1/2" long and the ends were adhered together. This was adhered in the upper left hand corder of the cardstock. I then used the Needle Tool and mat pack to pierce a hole through the cardstock and the ribbon. Then I added a gold brad. This was adhered to a 2 1/8" x 3 1/8" piece of Old Olive cardstock. Then the panels were adhered to the card front with some Stampin' Dimensionals to pop it out a bit.

I hope that I've inspired you to start thinking about your own Christmas cards. Make sure to come back tomorrow to see what I submitted for the Blue, White, & Silver group! Have fun stamping!