Monday, August 16, 2010

Widgets

Pink Christmas

This is the first of two cards that I made for the Christmas in July swap on Stampin' Connection. I wanted to go with non-traditional colors for one of my cards so here it is:


Stamps: All Holidays, Serene Snowflakes
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Early Espresso
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder, White Gel Pen, Silver Brads, Silver Foil Smooch Spritz

The card base is Pink Pirouette cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4". I stamped the small snowflakes from Serene Snowflakes in Pink Pirouette and Whisper White Craft ink all over to create my own snowflake DSP. The Early Espresso cardstock was cut at 2 1/4" x 5 1/2". The large snowflakes were stamped in Whisper White Craft ink and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder. I colored in parts of the snowflakes with the White Gel Pen and then added a Silver Brad in the center of each snowflake. The panel was then sprayed with Silver Foil Smooch Spritz to give it some sparkle. This was layered on a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock cut at 2 3/8" x 5 1/2" and this was adhered to the card front. The greeting from All Holidays was stamped on the upper right hand side of the card in Early Espresso ink.

Thats it! Now I have a pretty pink Christmas card to give someone. It's fun to make Christmas cards in non-traditional colors. Christmas cards don't always have to be red and green or blue and white. They can be any color you want. Now I challenge you to make a Christmas card from non-traditional colors. Come back tomorrow to see my other more traditional Christmas card! Have fun stamping!