Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Widgets

Summer Fun Scrapbook Page

Yay! I did it! I finished a scrapbook page layout! Okay, no big deal right? Well I haven't actually scrapbooked in a very long time. There are loads of pictures that I want to scrapbook, but I haven't gotten up the guts to start cutting papaer and putting them together on a scrapbook page.

Scrapbooking is something I really have to work hard at. For some reason I always have difficulty coming up with a layout that I like. Some of the page maps help if I have that number of pictures and my pictures are close to the sizes shown. I guess I'm just a little scrapbook challenged.

A customer has requested a scrapbook themed workshop which is what really got me starting on this layout. I have to have at least a couple samples to show everyone. So I think from now on I will try to show you at least one scrapbook page a week. Maybe that will keep me scrapbooking instead of letting my picture box collect dust. Well...take a look!




Stamps: With All My Heart
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Pear Pizzaz
Paper: Greenhouse Gala DSP
Ink: Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Pacific Point
Accessories: Scallop Edge Border Punch, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Fancy Flower Punch, Basic Pearls Jewel Accents, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions die, Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, Pacific Point marker

I stamped the Bashful Blue background with two of the images from With All My Heart in Bashful Blue and Marina Mist ink. A 3" x 12" piece of Greenhouse Gala DSP was adhered to a 3 1/2" x 12" piece of Pacific Point that was punched with the Scallop Edge Border punch. This was adhered to the Bashful Blue cardstock.

I have two mats under my photos. The first is Whisper White cardstock cut 1/8" larger than the photo. The second is Pear Pizzaz cardstock cut 1/4" larger than the Whisper White piece. These are adhered together with the photo on top and then adhered to the Bashful Blue cardstock.

I stamped the "with all my" and the heart on a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock by coloring the "with all my" portion of the stamp with the Pacific Point marker, breathing on it to re-moisten the ink, and stamping. I then cleaned the stamp and repeated the same steps to stamp the heart. This was punched out with the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch and adhered to a piece of Pacific Point cardstock that was punched with the 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch. This was adhered to the right layout in the bottom corner. Three Basic Pearl Jewel Accents were added to give it a little bit of bling.

The flower on the left layout was made by punching 6 Fancy Flowers, inking the edges, texturing, and distressing before holding them all together with a large brad from the Silver Hodgepodge Hardware kit. I think this flower will be the tutorial for this week. So make sure you come back Saturday to see how it is made. To finish it off I just wrote the journaling in by hand with the Pacific Point marker. I'm really pleased with how this layout turnout it. It's really simple, but still looks nice. What do you think?

Come back tomorrow to see a card made with the adorable new Owl Punch!