Monday, August 1, 2011

Widgets

Weathered Ornate

I have another sketch challenge for you! It’s not that I haven’t done any challenges in a while, it’s just that I haven’t had time to type up the posts to share them with you. I’m hoping to get caught up with my posting soon. But anyway…here is the card that I created for the SCCSC76 Sketch Challenge on Stampin’ Connection:




Stamps: Friends Never Fade, Touch of Kindness, Weathered (retired)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral
Ink: Pool Party, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Top Note Die, Scallop Square Punch, Postage Stamp Punch, Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Scallop Edge Border Punch

Here is the sketch that was created by Liz Goldhawk:


The card base is Whisper White cardstock cut at 5 ¼” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. The card front will be the 4” wide side and the card back will be the 4 ¼” side. The card front was stamped with the Weathered (retired) background stamp in Pool Party ink. Next I cut a piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock 1 ¼” x 5 ½” long and used the Scallop Edge Border punch along one side. This was adhered to the bottom of the card front to line up with the edge of the back of the card. A piece of Pool Party cardstock was cut at ½” x 5 ½” and was adhered on top of the scallop edged Lucky Limeade cardstock.

Next a piece of Lucky Limeade and a piece of Pool Party cardstock were cut at 4” x 5” and run through the Big Shot on the Top Note die. I absolutely love this die! It is so versatile! I cut the two top notes in half length-wise on my paper trimmer. We only need on half of each of the top notes so the other half went into my scrap pile to be used on something else later. The Pool Party top note was trimmed along the dashed line with Paper Snips and was adhered to the Lucky Limeade top note. The top note panel was adhered to the card front just above the scallop edged Lucky Limeade edge.

The ornate blossom image from Friends Never Fade was stamped three times in Pool Party ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. However, the third time the image was stamped I didn’t re-ink the image. This gives a much lighter stamped image and will allow the greeting to show up better. The greeting from Touch of Kindness was stamped in Calypso Coral ink on top of the lighter blossom.

All three blossoms were punched out with the Postage Stamp Punch. The Scalloped Square punch was used on a scrap of Calypso Coral cardstock to punch three scalloped squares. The postage punch images were adhered to the Calypso Coral scalloped squares. The squares were then adhered to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Then finally some Basic Rhinestones Jewel Accents were added to the squares to give the card a little sparkle.


I hope you’ve enjoyed my take on the sketch. I love the interesting layout that Liz provided us with. If you are a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator you can find the sketch challenge thread HERE. If you are not a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator I would still love to see what you create using this sketch! Please post a link to your creation in the comments section of this post!

Thanks for stopping by!