Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Widgets

Remember When

A friend of my husband lost their dog last week, so he asked me to make his friend a card. I never have sympathy cards on hand. I really don’t like to make them. This is what I came up with.



Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Woodgrain, Word Play
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Black Stazon, Basic Black Craft, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Basic Grey Marker, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Sponge

The card base is Crumb Cake cardstock cut at 5 ½” x 8 ½” and scored at 4 ¼”. The card front was stamped with the Woodgrain background stamp in Crumb Cake ink. A piece of Early Espresso cardstock was cut at 2” x 5 ½” and was run through the Big Shot in the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder. This was adhered to a 2 1/8” x 5 ½” piece of More Mustard cardstock and then adhered to the card front.

Next a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock was cut at 3” x 3/12. The top half of the cardstock was sponged with Daffodil Delight ink and then Peach Parfait ink to create the sunset. Next the trees from Lovely as a Tree were stamped in Black Stazon ink. Then the Pear Pizzaz, Old Olive, and Always Artichoke ink pads were used directly to the paper to color in the grassy area. The edges of the panel were sponged with Early Espresso ink and the tree trunks were colored in with the Basic Grey Marker.

After the ink on the panel had dried thoroughly I rubbed the Embossing Buddy across the panel and stamped the greeting from Word Play in Basic Black Craft ink. I poured Black Embossing Powder over the stamped image, tapped off the excess, and heated the powder with the heat tool. This creates a raised and shiny greeting on the card front.


This image panel was adhered to a 3 1/8” x 3 5/8” piece of More Mustard cardstock and then this was adhered to a 3 3/8” x 3 ¾” piece of Bravo Burgundy cardstock. The panel was adhered to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

That’s it! This card only took about 30 minutes to make. I just love the effect.

Inside the card I added this poem that I came up with. Instead of just a regular sympathy card I wanted the person receiving it to think of all the wonderful memories. I tried finding one on google, but after viewing many sites and tearing up at each one I couldn't find one that seemed to fit well. So I decided to come up with my own. I’m no poet or writer, but here it is:

Remember how I’d wag my tail, and greet you at the door
Remember how I’d beg for treats, always wanting just one more
Remember how I’d always fetch anything you would throw
Most of all Remember, when you’re feeling low
How I loved you, and that you’ll never be alone

Well that’s all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by!